Charles Fayerweather is a Senior Vice President of Hemenway Trust Company. Charles is also a partner at Hemenway & Barnes LLP where he serves as a trustee for high net worth individuals, representing non traditional families and business owners. He also advises many nonprofit organizations on issues including formation, obtaining recognition of tax-exempt status through on going regulatory and tax compliance, fundraising, employment and compensation issues, liability reduction and governance.
Activities and Publications
- Author and Lecturer for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Member of the Probate Law and Taxation sections of the American, Massachusetts, and Boston Bar Associations
- Officer, Sharon Education Foundation, a charitable organization that raises funds for innovative educational programs in the Sharon, Massachusetts public school system
- Member, Board of Overseers, North Bennet Street School, a nationally known school in the field of traditional handcrafts, including bookbinding, fine woodworking, jewelry making, and preservation carpentry featured in the 2009 PBS special, Craft in America
- Director and Officer, Friends of the Sharon Dog Park, a charitable organization that raises funds for an off-leash recreation area in Sharon, Massachusetts