Christopher M. White, CFA, is a Senior Portfolio Manager at Hemenway Trust Company. Chris has over 25 years of experience in investment management, advising individuals, families and institutions. Most recently, Chris worked for an independent investment counseling firm. Before that, Chris served as the Chief Investment Officer for a private trust company, and the Chair of the Investment Policy Committee of a prominent private bank.
- Chris has managed portfolios combining equity, fixed income and alternative investments.
- He has provided research and analytical work especially focusing on the finance, energy and materials sectors.
- His clientele includes extended families, where he advises on generational wealth planning, asset allocation and specific investments.
- Chris has advised nonprofit institutions helping set investment priorities which range from preservation of capital to investment of endowment assets.
- He also works with entrepreneurial and business clients, where the focus ranges from asset growth to preservation of capital.
- Chartered Financial Analyst
Activities and Publications
- Family Office Exchange, Dallas, TX, November 2013, “The Trustee Workshop: Preparing for Duty as a Family Trustee”
- New England Historic Genealogical Society; Trustee 2009 – Present; Past Chair of Investment Committee
- Society of Colonial Wars, Massachusetts; Council Member 2005 – 2008; Member 2001 – Present
Chris White’s Comment on Portfolio Management
“It is a privilege to advise clients on investment opportunities and portfolio management. Each individual, family and institution has a unique combination of goals, dynamics and interrelationships. Understanding a client’s time horizon, tolerance for risk, and need for income is a starting point. A deeper understanding of that same client’s goals, aspirations and values allows me to apply my knowledge of investment options and draft an investment portfolio specifically tailored to the client.”