Stephen W. Kidder serves as President and Managing Director of Hemenway Trust Company. Mr. Kidder is also a partner at Hemenway & Barnes LLP where he provides legal counsel to well known businesses and nonprofit organizations. In addition, he serves as a private fiduciary for many family trusts. Previously, Steve served as managing partner at Hemenway & Barnes and Commissioner of Revenue for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- President, Board of Trustees, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston
- Vice Chair, Boston Children’s Hospital Trust
- Overseer, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
- Chair, Boston’s PILOT Task Force (2009 through 2010) appointed by Mayor Thomas M. Menino
- Member of Commonwealth of Massachusetts Study Commission on Corporate Taxation (2007-2008) appointed by Governor Deval Patrick; Chair of the Subcommittee on Combined Reporting
- Past Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Wellesley College
- Past Trustee, Massachusetts Biomedical Research Corporation
- Past Trustee, Museum of Science
- Past Trustee, First Night Boston
- Past Trustee, Massachusetts Association of the Blind