Brian is Managing Director of Hemenway Trust Company. Brian Broderick also is a partner at Hemenway & Barnes LLP, where he has served clients as a private fiduciary for over 20 years. He provides legal advice and service in related probate, estate planning, and trusts and estates matters.
- Develops tax-advantaged ways to pass assets on to future generations in a manner that honors family objectives and unity.
- Offers objective counsel on growing and diversifying holdings to executives and entrepreneurs.
- Delivers counsel on specialized topics such as agricultural and conservation lands.
- Structures succession planning and transitions for business owners.
- Counsels heirs on the many moving parts in complex estates.
Activities and Publications
- Faculty member for educational programs presented by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Member, Probate Law sections of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Trustee, Wellesley College
- Director, North Bennett Street School and corporation Clerk
- Proprietor, Boston Athenaeum
- Member, Pioneer Institute
- Former President, Boston Region, Massachusetts Parents Alliance for Catholic Education
- Former chair, Holliston Zoning Board of Appeals and the Holliston Zoning By-Law Study Committee
- Annual Fund Boards, Xaverian Brothers High School and Newton Country Day School of the Sacred Heart
- Former chair, annual fund, St. Paul School, Wellesley, Mass.
Brian Broderick’s Comment on Wealth Management
“My objective is to help people make sensible decisions about their personal and business planning affairs through the exercise of sound judgment and practical experience. The intersections of tax, corporate, and property law are confounding. There is sometimes a default decision-making process that seeks safety in form rather than a more rigorous evaluation of substance.”